Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Design Theory

Color  (pick a favorite color to start)
Collections  (use collections for inspiration)
Comfort  (always make sure you have a soft place to land)
Character   (add one of a kind pieces to show off your personality)
Cost  (be realistic with your budget, take your time, make every item count)

I read a ton of design books, blogs and magazines. Everyone is always trying to explain the process. This is what works for me. I love color! I love stuff! My home will never be done. I am constantly finding new pieces to add, shuffling things around and updating the look. I believe interesting people create interesting homes. Remember it's your home, do not worry about what anyone thinks. Enjoy the process, really take the time to find out what you want. Your home should be a reflection of the people who live in it.

Pictures of rooms I love:








(images: Balastrade and Bitters, Country Living, Cottage living, Hooked on Houses)

These rooms all have lots of color and character, nothing too stuffy or over decorated. Yes, they have a lot of stuff, but everything looks so personal and collected. I would be happy living with all these rooms.

1 comment:

  1. We both think alike...we both love color! I love how these rooms look, like they were aquired over time and the things surrounding them are thing they love and bring them joy. Thanks for finding me. xo, Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites