Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Entry

Our home has two front doors. We have the formal entry that we almost never use and the mud room entry. The mud room is a necessity living in the northeast. This room gets a lot of traffic, two dogs, two cats, and two teenagers come and go all hours of the day and night. We have a place to dump our boots, coats, hats, gloves, scarves, ........(get the picture). I wanted a warm welcoming color for the walls. My first try was a salmon color, that looked a lot like Pepto Bismal. I decided to go more towards terra cotta, and this works well. The color goes well with everything, and gives the room a nice glow in the evening.

Paint:Glidden-Cozy Melon 70YR 45/261

I do not see the need for the formal entry. I guess it's a hold out from the past, when guests entered through the formal front door. I think most people live much more casually these days.

When choosing the paint color for the formal entry, I needed to consider the difficulty in painting the two story high walls. I did not want to ever do this again, so I chose a color that would last for the long run. A color that would go well with everything, not clash with the adjoining rooms, and not look dated in a few years. I hate the word "neutral" because everyone thinks of beige, but the color for the entry is a neutral.

Paint:Glidden-Monogram Gold 45YY 45/236



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites